MADE Centre Manager Vacancy
We are seeking a Wellness Centre Manager based at Moddershall Oaks.
…this is no ordinary job. This is MADE.
We’re looking for someone with operational and organisational experience and skills. Not just anyone… we’re looking for someone who will successfully manage the wellness centre as well as help to push the MADE brand to its full potential and more! You would be the most senior manager on site, looking after both our staff and customers. We need to ensure MADE is a happy place to be for all, with the warmest of welcomes and a sense of community. It is vital that you lead the MADE family of employees, partners, suppliers, members and customers.
We need an inspirational, enthusiastic, passionate character who will lead by example and ensure that all members of the MADE team are delivering excellent service. We aim to go above and beyond – we are not a leisure centre or health club. We must spend time getting to know our customers and giving them support, help and advice. Engagement is key to this role. You are also responsible for providing appropriate resource throughout MADE – from the retail shop and therapy rooms, to the studios and café. Due to the variety of wellness products and services on offer, there is a necessity to multi-task, be extremely organised, and spin many plates!
We are looking for someone who can manage consistently and fairly with high expectations. This role is responsible for achieving business targets, motivating others with goals, clearly communicating objectives and delegating tasks ensuring a strong follow-up. But we need a hands-on manager who will help in all of the areas where possible. Security, health & safety, risk assessments, suppliers, rotas, holidays, stock – are all parts of this role and we have HR & purchasing support too. We are keen to have a very close-knit, supportive and collaborative team with excellent communication and strong relationships, and as the manager of MADE you are responsible for creating and maintaining these positive relationships.
We also need someone who isn’t afraid of getting involved in sales and marketing. We need someone who thinks BIG, sees opportunities, can use social media well and organise & host events to promote the MADE brand. It is essential we communicate a consistent message and push MADE out to potential customers (as well as keeping existing customers engaged). We also need a sales brain who has an eye on competitors, research, pricing, suppliers and targets. Sales, margins, targets and costs sit within the responsibilities of this role and once you prove yourself we can take advantage of the many many opportunities out there to push MADE outside of Moddershall into businesses, schools and wider community. You’ll need to be ambitious but grounded, optimistic but realistic, strategic but capable of managing the every day.
If you think you fit the criteria, email a copy of your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would fit this dynamic, exciting role. Ideally we would like to see people from a wellness, health & fitness or leisure background.
Welcome to made
Based at Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat.
ABOUT MADE: The concept of MADE is to ‘create a happier, healthier everyday life through discovery, encouragement & positivity’. Redefining healthy, we are building an inspiring team of MADE ambassadors who will encourage our customers to embrace healthier choices. We will showcase a range of delicious treats that really are good for you, before adding fitness, wellbeing, lifestyle and education to the brand. Watch us grow… www.welcometomade.com
ABOUT THE POSITION: The manager of MADE wellness centre will oversee all operations ensuring adequate resourcing, safe running and clean, working facilities. Managing all team members both employed and freelance offering a range of services from consultations, classes and memberships to events, treatments and workshops, ensuring excellent customer service and consistent performance as per the MADE brand. The centre manager is responsible for all enquiries, closing sales, increasing our membership base, membership retention and increasing business opportunities open to MADE. Management of the MADE social media accounts falls within the manager remit, including close monitoring, reactive responses and proactive engagement tasks.
CENTRE MANAGER SPECIFIC TASKS
OPERATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Overseeing all Operations at MADE, taking responsibilities for security of the Wellness Centre, carrying out all risk assessments and procedures for health & safety
- Assist and oversee opening & closing procedures. Be responsible for the security of MADE and the safety of MADE’s possessions, stock, systems and the MADE team
- Act as a role model, be a hands on manager and lead by example. Set high standards and carry out appropriate follow up. Maintain a positive attitude that is motivating and inspiring
- Manage the full team in MADE from café, wellbeing, fitness and freelance instructors, to any housekeeping, maintenance and marketing support
- Manage your team as per their job descriptions, motivating them to work effectively, create a lasting impression on our guests and maximise selling opportunities
- Ensure a professional image is maintained at all times including proper uniforms, appearance and hygiene standards
- Ensure the adequate processes are in place and that they are followed. Manage all systems and equipment that MADE requires to operate efficiently, from the body scanner and laptops to Virtuagym and Go Cardless
- Responsible for recruitment, training, reviews and overall operational performance. All HR related duties will be supported by the wider business HR department. Carry out reviews and be prepared to manage disciplinaries if necessary with HR support
- Manage or oversee management of stock control throughout MADE, setting par levels, negotiating price, placing orders, planning storage and eliminating waste
- Ensure the café is managed effectively including wastage, stock, displays, POS, equipment, labelling, cleanliness and any necessary staff training
- Ensure MADE is always resourced appropriately, managing the MADE centre rota, taking into account holiday cover, sickness absence cover, training and development and set staffing budgets
- Plan the class timetables, ensuring adequate resourcing and balancing the staff availability and the member/customer demand
- Managing and overseeing all MADE wellness centre events from yoga workshops and retreats, to member events and fitness challenges
- Take responsibility for the service delivery at all stages, promoting the highest of standards. Oversee the ‘customer journey’ throughout MADE, working closely with the team to ensure that there is a seamless experience
- Work to ensure we consistently exceed guest expectations but be responsible for resolving any complaints should any issues arise. Be mindful of social media, protect the MADE brand, respond to any and all comments online to portray the right impression of MADE
- Carry out tours, show off our facilities, complete membership sign ups and be able to serve customers in the café if necessary to support the team. This is a hands on role and we need a manager to be prepared to step in
- Carry out all systems programming including memberships, POS, stock, e-commerce, special offers, retail etc.
- Full knowledge of our member and class management app Virtuagym. Be able to carry out training on Virtuagym, as well as make any necessary updates and ensure the app is used to its potential
- Build relationships with all members, you must be on a first name basis with our members and create a family feel in MADE. Manage the Virtuagym community and Facebook members group
- Ensure the café is serving the highest quality produce from its grab n go retail and take out options, to eat in options and pre-ordered prepped packages. Enjoy turning the food and drink into pieces of art. This is not your average café!
- Have excellent knowledge on the MADE food concept, food links with wellness, superfoods and other key ingredients, and be able to give good nutritional advice – as well as train your team in the same
- Be responsible for the appearance, cleanliness and standards throughout the wellness centre including all outdoor areas e.g. car park, outdoor seating, outdoor training terrace. Report any maintenance issues so they are tended to urgently
- Control costs across the business, proactively save money and make efficiencies where possible. Work to set budgets, be confident with spreadsheets and be able to report to Directors financial information
- Communicate clearly the MADE business proposition, its services and its products. It is essential that messages and information is communicated from director level to our team members and customers clearly and accurately and in the manner in which they were intended
- Keep accurate and organized records, and produce statistics & reports where necessary
- Be a positive ambassador for MADE always
SALES AND MARKETING
- Following our marketing strategy to achieve set objectives. Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure you are doing anything you need to support their activities, promote the centre, collect content and contribute to ideas. Work naturally in accordance with the brand’s vision and values
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure we have the necessary effective sales tools, materials and presentations from brochures, flyers and posters to pricelists, presentations and labels
- Be responsible for ensuring enquiries are covered from all channels including social media, email, phones and walk ins, handling all enquiries yourself if possible. Manage and be able to report pipeline statistics, hot leads, conversion rates and help to increase new enquiries
- Endeavour to increase the MADE customer base, the clients on Virtuagym, the email database, social media followers and number of members
- Ensuring we have a range of fitness, health and wellbeing products in our shop, maximise displays, dress the shop for seasons and events, and ensure we manage stock efficiently. Similarly with our grab & go food & drink. Responsible for stock management, sales and promotions
- Build relationships with suppliers, and manage them for best value, promotions and cost saving
- Ensure team members are aware of the importance of maximising upsell, retail, repeat visits and other sales through implementation of sales procedures, training, incentives and targets… and leading by example! Promoting a culture of growth
- Manage the membership base, ensuring accurate reporting of all memberships, the priority of the role is to grow the membership base with recruiting new members and retaining existing members. Member satisfaction and retention is key
- Agree and report on set sales KPIs. Above all ensuring we achieve set targets for the centre including memberships, pay as you go classes, events, café and retail. Contribute to sales ideas, produce reports to inform decisions and closely monitor revenues
- Be confident and comfortable with business development tasks such as presentations, corporate opportunities, networking, industry functions, meetings and tours – hosting both on site and going off site too. Contact potential business partners, hold talks, workshops, and meet with potential customers on either a one to one or group level – to promote MADE and explore new business opportunities
- Plan wellness events in a calendar, ensure sufficient promotion of MADE events, monitor sales levels closely and be responsible for ensuring events sell successfully. Send regular updates on event sales and remaining spaces. Inform marketing of any areas that need promoting
- Manage social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn mainly, ensuring swift replies to all comments, check ins, reviews and messages. Responsible for a tidy, responsive and up to date social media presence. Marketing is responsible for planning and scheduling social media content but actively obtain wellness content, imagery, videos and tips from the centre and the team so we can portray the MADE brand and services well